Friday, April 24, 2009

Around the House

Well, I thought I'd post a few pictures of the happenings around the house. Don't worry, there's pictures of Evie posted, too.

Our latest home-owner adventure has been the recent discovery of a bee colony that took up residence at our house. We kept finding dead bees in the window of Evie's room a few days ago so I went outside and there they were, swarming around the corner of the house. They had nested up in the siding. So, the nursery has been off limits the past few days. The exterminator came out and sprayed to get rid of them. First they got REALLY mad and swarmed the back yard, then they all hovered on our fence for the afternoon. The next day they were gone. It was CREEEEEPY.
Since being on maternity leave, I have been able to do some sewing. I made some baby stuff and mended some clothes around the house. But when my mom was in town, we visited Hobby Lobby and she encouraged me to make a dress for Evie. Mom, always the encourager. So I picked out a pattern and was a little intimidated with it because it has pleats and a zipper. But it turned out o.k. I've started another one for her (same pattern) in a mint green satin. We'll see...
The zucchini growing bigger and bigger every day. I'm ready for the harvest!
Pretty Petunias
We also got a little crafty and made Evie a mobile to hang above her changing table. She's always so happy and content on the changing table, we thought, why not put something up there for her to look at and talk to. It's very girlie with flowers and butter flies.
From Evie's view
Pics of Little One
Munching on the fist...
Munching on the Paci...
I promise...I really do feed her!

Evie also got her first "haircut" the other day. I made sure to use safety scissors and did it while she wasn't bobbing her head, but the hair on the sides of her head was hanging down over her ears so we trimmed. Pretty soon I'm going to have to cut her bangs so they don't get in her eyes.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I love the dress - you did a great job!!!

Tricia F said...

Melissa, I want to be a cool mom like you. Crafty. Handy. You're just awesome.