Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Out and About

Slowly but surely my mom and dad are gaining the confidence to get out of the house with me. Here's a little bit of what I've done the past couple of days:

Here comes Mike and Melissa pushing the baby carriage...
We went for a short, but productive walk in the neighborhood yesterday. Got to see some neighbors. Got to watch Mom and Dad figure out this massive contraption that carries my little bitty self. It was fun getting the stroller out the front door, down the little step; it was sunny so the little hood went up, then they put it down to see me, then it got windy, so they put it up again... First timers, so much fun!

Today was my first doctor's visit. Mom and Dad got me there on time, fed and clean and I pretty much slept through the entire adventure. I think they were o.k. with that. The doctor said I 'm doing very well. My weight was 7lb 10oz so I've surpassed my birth weight by 2 whole ounces. The doctor was very encouraging to Mom and Dad and I think that just maybe he put Mom a little at ease with this new role as parents.

Me getting ready to go to the doctor
Me coming home from the doctor. (Looks like the same picture minus the hat, huh?)

I was so good at the doctor's office that Dad bought me some fun new girly outfits. I'm sure those will make their debut in an upcoming post.

And then some other fun shots from yesterday.

My chicky bottom. (Dad says this is the only time I'm allowed to wear clothes that draw attention to my rear.)
Mommy Sugars


Tummy Time with Dad


That's it for now. Mom's sitting in typing this for me and I'm getting a little hungry, so she's gotta go.
Love,
Evie

1 comment:

Tricia F said...

Dear Evie,
Your parents are wonderful, and you are so blessed! Even though they might be nervous about some things, everyone who knows them knows that they are doing a fantastic job at being new parents!
Love, Mrs. Tricia