Friday, July 24, 2015

Arts and crafts and Visitors


We hung around the house most of today.  This morning I had the bright idea to take the girls to the craft store and get them a fun activity.  I told them we were getting Perler Beads.  I told them that this was the only item we would be getting and they were not allowed to touch anything else on the shelf.  I think that because we went at exactly 9:00am and I prepared them of our mission, the trip to the store went relatively well.  There was no fussing or fighting...a miracle these days.  We returned home and proceeded to clean up the house for guests later.  While Olivia napped, the girls and I made little designs for Bruce and Cindy, who arrived later.  It turned out to be a really good activity for Evie and mostly for Mavery.  (I had to finish Mavery's because she lost interest toward the end.) 
Evie offered to play with Olivia in her bedroom while I vacuumed.  She set up the room and did really well with her.  
I think Olivia actually had fun too!
The Grinsteads arrived at about 4pm.  We enjoyed a lovely afternoon visit and then dinner at Rosas.  The girls suckered Cindy into some arts and crafts after dinner.  Those girls could string beads all day long.  They were busy making "church necklaces" and "church bracelets" to wear with their dresses on Sunday.  Too funny.

No comments: