Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pictures in the Mail

My sweet Aunt Erline sent us some pictures in the mail last week.  I love getting letters and pictures in the mail.  Even with the girls growing up in the "technology" age, they still get excited about going to get the mail.  There's just something about getting a surprise package in the mail.  (I could do without the bills that come, but that's a different post...)

These first ones are from the shrimp boil that we had out at Aunt Sandy and Uncle Ron's "The Other Place", back in October.  There's no mistaking it was October because I was great with child.  Four generations in this picture.  Priceless!

Mavery taking a ride in the Little Car with Aunt Debbie and Uncle Ron.

The men-folk.  Drinking iced tea and swatting flies.

I'm not sure why we were clapping and what Evie was doing, but when my mom and aunts are involved, there is no telling...

This sweet picture was taken at Aunt Erline's house at Thanksgiving.  She wrote on the back of the photo that Evie was swinging on the teter-totter, then went inside to get Mavery, brought her out, helped her on and they played sweetly together.  Ahhh, a rare moment with these two sisters who seem to fight over EVERYTHING these days!

Family

Flowers in memory of Lee

Thank you, Aunt Erline for such a wonderful surprise in the mail.  My Memaw would always send me letters and pictures in the mail and this reminded me so much of her.  It was very precious to me.  

No comments: