Monday, August 13, 2012

Memaw 1924 - 2012

My sweet Memaw went to be with the Lord on Thursday of last week.  She was a very special lady.  I spent lots of time with my grandmother as a child, teenager and an adult.  I was her only granddaughter, and like any good grandmother, she spoiled me rotten.

I spent many hours with my Memaw learning to cook in her kitchen, learning to garden in her backyard garden and learning to fish at Navarro Mills Lake.  My grandmother loved Jesus and she loved her family.  There was nothing more important to her than her family and she made every effort to keep her family close to her and close to each other, even if it drove us crazy.

My grandmother taught me so many things about life, about family and about caring for others.  She is the name sake of my firstborn and she will forever and always be near and dear to my heart.  I miss her dearly, but I am so bless to have been able to call her Memaw for 35 years of my life. 

Evelyne Irene Schultz, 88, of Bellmead, passed away Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012, in Waco. Graveside services will be 9 a.m. Monday at West Brethren Cemetery, with the Rev. Gerry Davis and the Rev. Mike Morrow officiating. The family will receive visitors 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.

Mrs. Schultz was born April 15, 1924, in Abbott, the daughter of Emil J. and Annie (Krcma) Marek. She graduated from Hillsboro High School and attended nursing schools in California and at Kings Daughter Hospital in Temple. On Feb. 12, 1948, she was united in marriage to Fred W. "Bill" Schultz in San Diego, Calif. He preceded her in death on April 24, 2005.

Evelyne was a housewife and homemaker as well as a babysitter in her home. She was a faithful member of Timbercrest Baptist Church in Waco, where she worked in the nursery for many years. Evelyne enjoyed gardening, fishing, doing yard work, sewing, and embroidering. She loved spending time with her grandchildren and cooking, especially her oatmeal cookies.

Evelyne was also preceded in death by her parents; and a son, Larry Schultz.

Survivors include three daughters, Shara Davis and husband, Gerry, of Waco, Sandy Borrenpohl and husband, Ron, of Baytown, and Debbie Connor and husband, Nick, of Crawford; a sister, Erline Husak and husband, Edwin, of West; four grandchildren, John Connor, Matthew Connor and wife, Tracy, Robert Lee Davis and wife, Lisa, all of Waco, and Melissa Morrow and husband, Mike, of Riesel; four great-grandchildren, Trent and Hunter Davis and Evelyne and Mavery Morrow; and many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.

Honorary pallbearers will be Lee Davis, Trent Davis, Hunter Davis, Ron Borrenpohl, John Connor, Matt Connor and Nick Connor.






2 comments:

Tricia F said...

So sorry for your loss, Melissa! I remember hearing stories of Memaw, and your love for her was obvious. You ever share the same beautiful smile!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Love the story about memaw - cried thru the whole story, you wrote it all so beautifully (and true). I had to laugh about driving ya'll crazy, it's a trait - I do that too! I'm so glad I found out about your blog, Sandy gave it to me. I want to see it all, but today I have to get ready for Kaylie's shower. Kaylie has a blog also: ourroadtohome.com
Her last name is Stroud, but I don't think you need to enter ner name. I'm just learning about this. Have a wonderful weekend- your mom said ya'll were going out of town. Love you! Erline