Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Friendship Rock...and more

We've been enjoying the warmer temperatures here in Odessa.  The past few days, the girls have been "meeting their friends on the rock after school".  There is a large rock outside of the church office and the girls meet up with their friends Barrett and Brock to divvy up left-over lunches and snacks and play for a bit.  This works out nicely because we don't have a back yard right now to go home to.  On Wednesday, the boys' mom brought some snacks and candy in Easter eggs and we let the kids have a little egg hunt.  It was fun times.  (until Mavery's meltdown...it had to be someone...)

Here's what happens when I ask Mavery to go get my sunglasses out of my purse.  
She finds my lipstick...and I STILL didn't get my sunglasses.

Taking pictures at church.

Reading together at bedtime.
(when they're supposed to be asleep)

The girls had an Easter egg hunt at school on Thursday.  They both came home with a bucket full of candy eggs. I told them that when they got home they could eat as much candy as they wanted, but then the rest went bye-bye.  (that way I don't have to keep track of "one piece of candy a day" for the next three weeks...)
Mavery thought it was the best idea ever!
Cookie!
Yum!
Chocolate!
Starburst!
Tummy Ache!

Evie decided that she wanted to empty her eggs and sort them.
Such the organizer.
(if only she kept her room clean and organized...)

I managed to get a picture of the three of them the other day with all three looking at the camera AND smiling.  It was one rare peaceful moment in our normal day of chaos, fussing, fighting, crying, and "because I said so!!!"












No comments: