Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mommy Day Care

I've been staying home with my Mom for the past couple of months. She has me on a pretty rigorous routine:

We have Art Class.

Followed by Financial Planning.
On this day I practiced "Saving for College".

I'm pretty good at getting the coins in the Giraffe's Belly.
Quarters are the easiest!

Then Gym Class with Mr. Lion.

And finally, Science Class.
Here I am exploring the back porch.

I discovered a hole. Let me put my finger in it to make sure.

Yep, it's a hole.
Maybe we should add some water.

When I have a question, I raise my hand.
Like this:

And I sit perfectly quiet and still just like this while Mommy is teaching.

Do ya believe it?

Good, you shouldn't!
Because the truth is that I squirm and get into everything from the cabinets to the dishwasher to the trash and the toilet and everything in between. My favorite thing to do these days is to squeeeeeze my way between Mommy and the counter when she's washing dishes or cooking and stand on her feet. She LOVES it! And the best is when Daddy comes home and we get to wrestle on the floor and laugh and giggle.


1 comment:

Erin said...

OK - I know this is really random, but I found your blog off of Sara Skaggs' blog. Are you the Melissa that worked on the Texas/Mississippi Fuge team in 2003? This is Erin (Parker) Dugan and I was on that team, too. Anyways, I went to college with Sara. You can find my blog (that I rarely update) on her page (The Dugan Family). Also, it looks like your daughter is one day older than my son.

Now that I've written a novel, I really hope this is the person I'm thinking it is. If not, just ignore me. :)