Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Baby M", Meet your Dad


Dearest Baby M,
I want you to know that you will have the most wonderful father a little boy or little girl could ask for. How do I know this? Just look at him, holding your cousin Stuart...he's a natural. I tease him that I'm worried he will be a better mother than me. He's just that great of a guy. I even told some friends last night that he is so wonderfully involved in the pregnancy that he would push for me during the delivery if he could. I know we have another six months before we get to meet you, but here are some things you can look forward to while growing up with your father.
If you should be a little girl, know that you will have your dad wrapped around your tiny little finger from the moment you enter this world. Know also that you will probably not date until you are 25 years old and mini-skirts and mid-drift tops are totally out of the question...so don't even try.
If you should be a little boy, know that you will be raised to be an outstanding gentleman. You will know to open doors for ladies and you will learn at an early age how to mow the front yard on the diagonal, alternating that diagonal each week.
These are just a few ways that your dad will show you how much he loves you and how much he wants you to succeed in life.
We can't wait to meet you and love you and watch you grow.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Tricia F said...

precious. true. very, very sweet.

and mom, it says a whole heck of a lot about you that you would take time to do this. we all know you will be a fantastic mom as well.

love you both!